Sunday, November 09, 2008

More denim; not enough denim?

First question: Why didn't I move that strand of yarn before taking this picture?

Answer: No idea.

Oh well, one photo shoot on the back porch in my jammies is enough for one day, and you get the idea.

This is one part of the front of my denim cardigan. On your left, a snazzy knit-and-purl combo (I now think I prefer the reverse side of this, so you might see it inside-out on another part of the sweater). On your right, the Lacing Cable from the Learn to Knit Afghan Book, my latest go-to book for stitch ideas.

The only problem here: Ack, not enough yarn, I'm going to be showing my navel in this thing! I have enough yarn to use about 3.5 balls per front. This is 7 inches long, unwashed, and I have finished a ball of the darker blue. The pale will run out in a few rows, maybe another inch or two. That leaves... not enough.

If I hadn't knit the sleeves first, I'd be seriously thinking of a vest. I may end up thinking of a vest anyways!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.