Tuesday, January 04, 2022

First recipe

I am doing a cookbook thing this year. I need a snappy name for it, like Cookbook of the Month? Monthly Recipes? Cook from the Books? 

Anyways, I made some soup, and it was good. 

The recipe is simple: cook some onions and garlic, add a hot pepper or some cayenne, a can of tomatoes and a couple of cans of beans, some sun-dried tomatoes, cook. Puree it a bit, and you have a delicious but ugly pot of soup. It is a greyish-mauve colour and there are bits of unpureed tomatoes and beans, so it is pretty unsightly. I don't have a picture!

But, very tasty. You can spice it up or down with cayenne, or a dash of Tabasco. You can add yogurt in the bowl. You can add fresh herbs or a splash of lemon juice. 

I'm calling that a success and hope to make this soup a regular on the winter soup menu. 

I was also thinking of a monthly photo theme. More on that tomorrow, but I did start looking at arches today on my walk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.