Monday, January 10, 2022

Recipe #3

Today's recipe is for some simple biscuits, or as they say, Savoury Scallion Biscuits. They use a bit of whole wheat flour -- calling for whole wheat pastry flour, but all I had was regular whole wheat all-purpose -- and use yogurt and oil instead of butter or cream or buttermilk. (I bet you could use buttermilk and they'd be fine.) I also used dried dill instead of fresh; it is January in Toronto! 

Gotta work on the food photography

They were very tasty! Easy and quick to make and I like the green onion, sorta sweet! 

I made them yesterday afternoon and, amazingly, there are still some leftover today. They are better fresh out of the oven, but not bad the day after with butter! 

I would still like to try one of the fish recipes in the book, and I have an old favourite dessert that I think is in this book as well. I think the family is already looking forward to next month, but I am having a good time with this book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.