Saturday, January 01, 2022

New year, new over-ambitious idea

I saw on Twitter that someone had randomly assigned one of their cookbooks to each month. What a fine idea, I said to myself. Of course I have more than 12 cookbooks but I don't think my doctor would like it if I concentrated on things like Vintage Cakes for a whole month. 

So, I picked 12 books, not including magazines or my looseleaf binder of recipes, and got a random number generator to assign the books to the months. 

I will try to cook, maybe, one recipe a week. That doesn't seem obsessive or crazy, does it? At least I will look at the books and if I can't find four things that will be delicious and pleasant for my family to eat, perhaps that book doesn't need to stay on my shelf. Some I have used a lot and some I have not. Some I have had forever and a couple are recent additions. 


Okay, must go peruse January's book! 

1 comment:

  1. I don't have 12 cookbooks, but this seems like a great idea!

    I have to say that I love Plenty - we've only made a few things out of it, but have adapted a few others and we have loved everything! So good, so worth the fuss.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.