Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Joining another knitting bandwagon

I was cruising around on Ravelry today and found a new group. It's a "self-imposed sock club" group, for those of us who wish we knit as devotedly as the Yarn Harlot. If you are unfamiliar with her self-imposed sock club, it's all explained here.

I am going to start the sock club business in January, because that is only sensible, isn't it? And I'm going to start by setting out 6 baggies for the year, instead of 12, because that, too, is sensible. AND, since I have several pairs of socks already on the go, the first baggie will contain the ... is it three? ... partially knit pairs. I have some of those embossed leaf socks, very pretty, very fun, as I recall...

and some other nice ones with eyelets (we can't call it lace, in case Arthur ends up with them, as he likely will). I bragged about how quickly this knitting was going, in January 2009. Ahem. Let's see if I can knit a pair of socks in less than two years, shall we?


Then there are some plain ones -- the tiger socks -- and I think that is it. I have knit the cuff of sock #2.

I have plenty of yarn for socks, but most of it is patterned and really needs a very simple stitch, but I will try to make up 5 more packages of yarn and patterns. I'll check into that tomorrow. I certainly can't take pictures of yarn right now, since it is both dark, and pourrrrring down rain.

Any sock pattern recommendations are welcome!

3 comments:

  1. darnit! I commented, then accidentally clicked on a link, and I think my comment got eaten by cyberspace.

    Anyway, I love the sock club idea (though not as much as I love the look of that embossed leaves sock. Yum!!) - it reminds my of Toni's "project of the month" bags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good plan! I think I really need to try the self-imposed sock club thing too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love all those half-socks!
    yeah for lovely sock knitting!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.