Friday, November 19, 2010

Waiting room accomplishment

I went today to see the surgeon who did my operation five weeks ago, and he said, "How are you doing?" and I said, "Okay" and he prodded a bit and looked at my scar and then he said, "See you next year."

Really, that's about all that happened. My appointment was for 9:30, and it was almost 11 when I had that 5 minute conversation with him.

I'm sure he wasn't sitting on his butt drinking coffee, but how on earth do you get 1.5 hours behind, that early in the morning? What crises kept him from me and our little chat?

Anyways, won't complain too loudly. I learned I am totally A-OK, and I got a whack of knitting done on the second tiger sock.

(I wanted to take the ribwarmer, but I am a few short rows from joining the halves and knitting the back, and I didn't want to be sorting that out -- I should go downstairs right now and lay things out on the floor for a moment!)

2 comments:

  1. How did I miss your op ? I'm sorry that I did, but so pleased that it's o.k.
    Maybe he got caught up in theatre. I never stress waiting in hospital. If I needed it I'd want them to spend time on me, so can't resent them spending time on anyone else. Not that I'm saying you were resentful... shut up Emma !
    I have to say though, that a mammogram, if you're very well endowed, is a nightmare. Can't say I like getting older. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to hear that things went well at the doctors!

    and hooray for knitting! otherwise what a waste of time that would have been for you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.