Saturday, November 20, 2010

Next steps

This has nothing to do with knitting. It is sort of the opposite of my sedentary knitting, in fact! I need recommendations for exercise.

I am on the lookout for middle-aged-lady-friendly tummy exercises, to get my muscles back in form. (Well, preferably better than pre-surgery!)

The other day I had on some internet radio station that was supposed to be 80s hits (argh, was there no other band in the 80s besides the Police?) and I thought I should get some power pop exercise video to dance along with... But what I really need are the horrible ab crunching exercises. Yeah, maybe I'll start with the Angela Lansbury workout rather than Jane Fonda...

She would slip if she tried to walk with her legwarmers on her feet like that.

(In my search for Jane Fonda pictures, I came upon this blog post:

Fonda attributes 30 percent of her good looks to sports and a healthy lifestyle:

"I owe 30 per cent to genes, 30 per cent to good sex, 30 per cent because of sports and healthy lifestyle and for the remaining 10 per cent, I have to thank my plastic surgeon. I'm happier, the sex is better and I understand life better. I don't want to be young again."

Since I can't count on my genes, my lifestyle is not that sporty and I don't have a plastic surgeon, I guess that just leaves one thing!)

2 comments:

  1. Pilates, all the way. Find a good Pilates instructor who will explain and think, and you're halfway there. It can be a battle finding someone who isn't just an aerobics-instructor convert hungry for the hot new trend, but proper Pilates is really, truly awesome. It's designed to get bodies working, properly, not just sculpted for some arbitrary aesthetic du jour. It was actually invented to help injured soldiers rehabilitate, so it is Serious, but actually, not Nasty to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, that picture of jane is too much!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.