Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Those socks for 2011

Here I have four of the balls of yarn which will miraculously turn into socks next year. Most of them will likely be simple patterns.

Zebra stripes, I hope! I got this yarn when I got the "tiger" yarn, so let's hope this is more animal-like!


Wow, this I bought in Cambridge! On sale at Sew Creative... different dye lots, I think, but each ball will be on one foot, so it's unlikely to be noticed, right? Maybe with the regular stripes I could swing something like Monkeys.


I think this was an impulse buy in Romni Wools' basement one day. We could get a bit fancy-pants with this, as I think the bits of colour will be quite widely spaced. But I could be wrong. Maybe something like a cable and bar?


This yarn was given to me several years ago, when I helped some well-meaning but basically newbie grad-student knitters sew together a baby blanket. Hmm, that baby is now about 4, I think! (Yes, here's a report on this yarn, from 2006.)

All set, then! I will make the 6th bag hold one or two single 50 g balls, for kids' socks. I'm excited to think that this just might work!

3 comments:

  1. 4 + 1 = 6?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So are you prematching with a pattern, or going for plain vanilla?

    ReplyDelete
  3. what fun!!
    i'll second the "what patterns are you using?" question.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.