Monday, November 15, 2010

Couldn't stand it any longer

After the 4-stitch disappointment of yesterday, I have switched my allegiance to another Ribwarmer, at least for a few days.


I had to hang around at a birthday party yesterday (many 10-year-old girls bowling!) so got a decent start on it.

knitting with oregano

I could, indeed, have taken the cardigan piece, but I am still looking at it in disbelief, and thought garter stitch over 30 stitches on 6 mm needles just sounded so much more pleasant!

Hard to capture the bluey-purply colour in the fall morning gloom.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you don't mind that I told your 4 stitch story to S. last night. She's feeling discouraged that she didn't get better at knitting the times she did try, which is keeping her from wanting to try again. She says she really, really wants to knit, but just hates making so many mistakes. Learning curves, climbing mountains to slide down the other side, all kinds of metaphors were flying.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.