Monday, November 08, 2010

Something to blog about today

I don't know about this daily blogging. Maybe if I were clever like Dawn, I'd make lots of little things and show you lots of variety. But alas... today's sweater looks much like yesterday's.

I will tell you a few things:
  • I made chocolate cookies "loosely based on" some from Martha. She wanted 8 ounces of chocolate and half a cup of cocoa. Four of those ounces were to be melted into the dough, and the other 4 got chopped and used like chocolate chips. So, I ditched those last 4 ounces, and melted only 3. I figure half a cup of cocoa and 3 ounces of chocolate should be enough for anyone!
  • She also wanted instant espresso powder, but surely that's the same as no-name instant decaf?
  • They are still delicious. I can't really imagine how chocolatey they would be if I'd followed the recipe.
  • Now I am watching the Twilight Zone. I got a DVD at the library, and have watched 4 episodes. It is crazy.
  • I sewed a button back on my leopard spotted coat. It has been off for a year or two. Then I tried to take pictures of myself in my nice coat. I was not very successful, but you can't see too many of my chins in this one:

2 comments:

  1. Old BW Twilight Zone? Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmm.... the cookies sound fantastic!

    i have a coat that has needed a button re-sewn for over a year as well. i should follow your example and go sew it back on!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.