Saturday, November 13, 2021

November 13

Last evening I went to the Circle Crafts winter craft show. I got the half-price entrance ticket for going after 5 pm and had a nice walk over there around sunset. 

If you look closely you can see a bit of moon in the branches of the tree there. 


The pink on the water was extraordinary! The sun was off in the other side of the sky, but the clouds above were just lovely.  

There were all the usual craft fair things. I am part of an exchange of Christmas ornaments, so I got a cute one for the exchange, and one for me as well. We won't do Christmas here in Vancouver, but I think I'll leave this here when we go back to Toronto. It's pretty cool and not really Christmassy at all. It's made of rusty metal. 

Of course I admired the $40 mugs and bowls, the wooden boards lovingly polished, the cool mittens and all. I'll just remind myself of these prints, in case I want to get one later. And I took one picture, of these cool tea towels. 

Our tea towel stash will likely outlast us both, so I didn't actually contemplate buying one, but one would look good on the wall. It's a skill to make them, but also to think up the idea of putting names of streets and neighbourhoods on a tea towel. 

This morning we walked along a street we don't usually walk along, and saw that once upon a time, perhaps quite a long, long time ago, lights were installed by the boulevard trees. Lights are now in the trees. 



I'll need to take a nighttime stroll to see them lit up! 

This afternoon we will be peeling pearl onions and cutting up 10 cups of mushrooms, so perhaps tomorrow there will be food p0rn! (I think I promised a picture of knitting... that will come tomorrow as well!) We are having our first guests for dinner, which is exciting. We only have four chairs, so we are limited, but I am sure we will have a good time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.