Thursday, November 04, 2021

November 4

This is a knitting blog and so I should tell you, once in a while, what I am knitting. 

I found this great skein of blueish-greeny yarn in my stash in Toronto just before I left and figured I needed another fall hat. So I spent hours and days and forever knitting 4 inches of 2x2 ribbing on 2 mm needles, and have finally now got to the fun lace part. I didn't have the right length of circular needle so I knit the ribbing flat and will sew up a seam later. 

The lace is certainly more fun than the ribbing, but it too seems to take forever. Perhaps because each row is 180 stitches, instead of maybe 84 with a bigger yarn. 

I have about 50 rows to go before I start to decrease at the top of the hat. That can't take me past, let's say, Friday, can it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.