Monday, November 15, 2021

November 15

It rained and rained yesterday, last night, all morning... and then the wind came up and blew the clouds mostly away. And blew and blew!  

I went down to the beach and the waves were crashing over the seawall, onto the path, into the swimming pool, really amazing. It is high tide, which I guess "helps." I hear there is a barge that has come loose, heading for the beach, but in the opposite direction from where I went. 

A bit away from the beach, things are calmer but still wet. Lost Lagoon is full to the brim. 

Nice weather if you're a heron, I guess. 

Or a goose. This is usually a field, but is now a pond, probably full of yummy stuff for geese to eat. 

The weather is kind of interesting here, but all the rain has caused huge trouble around the province. Roads (and I mean major highways) are closed because of mudslides, and one town has been evacuated because of fears the sewage system can't take it. Happy to be on the fifth floor in a big city... 

And I finished my dishcloth! I think that this Tweedish pattern in one of my faves. I must have knit at least half a dozen of them over the years.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.