Tuesday, November 23, 2021

November 23

Oh, my, time has flown. 

I am, of course, back in Toronto now. The flight here was uneventful, but I sure liked it better when the planes were half-full. The house was still standing, full of dirty dishes.

Finally, after a month of teeny-tiny knitting, I have a hat. 

The pattern calls for 1x1 twisted rib on the brim, but I wanted something stretchier and warmer, so that is why I drove myself to despair knitting all that 2x2 ribbing. The lace knitting went fine, but slowly, until the very end when I was decreasing for the top. The stitches would no longer fill my circular needle so I was using sock needles; stitches fell off the ends; there were knit-three-together bundles in there; it was a mess! But I managed to haul everything back into place and all's well that ends well. 

Now, of course, it is getting below freezing at night and perhaps this is not the best hat for the weather! 

Yesterday I was wearing my Yes Checks hat when I went to a mall to arrange for new phones for everyone. As it happened, I got Stephen's hand-me-down phone, Elaine and Stephen got new phones. New plan, blah blah blah. What a racket. At the end of all the fussing around, Elaine and I went to a pretzel place and got a snack. So I was leaving the mall with two bags, mittens and hat, pretzel, unzipped jacket... juggling all that and trying to not freeze as we left the building, I dropped my hat. I discovered it was missing before we left the parking lot and dashed back to the pretzel place. No luck... I was just heading out the doors again, crushed, and there was my hat, lying on the floor! Hooray! 

I hope to get back in the NaBloPoMo groove here for the last week. We shall see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.