Wednesday, November 03, 2021

November 3

Oh, well, there goes my perfect NaBloPoMo record already. No post yesterday.

I went out to Ikea yesterday with my cousin -- she drove; I bought lunch. I had quite a wishlist, but knew many things would be out of stock. I wanted a certain coatrack and when I looked online I learned there is exactly one in all of Canada, and not at our local store. So, we do what we can. 

I would take better pictures, but although the sun has risen, there is minimal light in here. Gloomy, damp, grey. 

I bought a carpet for the living room, and did get a gloomy picture of it yesterday afternoon. 


With hardly any furniture, it's hard to say if it fits or which way it will go. But it is cheap and cheerful, nice underfoot, and adds some colour to the place. 

It's frustrating being here for a short time and being unable to get things we want. Now that we finally have a table I can feed 6 or 8 around easily, it is too bad that the chairs we would like that are available are $4-500 each. Thousands of dollars for dining chairs is just not on the cards. But I would like a couch that was comfy and not grey... 

Oh, well, mustn't complain. 

Today I await the delivery of a little corner cupboard, so I will have a place to keep a big salad bowl or serving dish, freeing up some space in the kitchen. We are definitely spoiled with our big kitchen in Toronto and will have to get used to a more compact way of doing things. 

I feel like I could just go on about poor little me in my second home, how hard it is... which is ridiculous. I know I am very fortunate to have these "problems." So I will stop now and try to learn how to take nice pictures in the gloominess, since it might go on for months!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.