Saturday, November 19, 2016

Getting out of the kitchen for a moment

I have been chopping and cooking and washing and sweeping all day... although some of the washing was done by my dishwasher, and my bread machine took care of the baking!

I was a bit worried about the size of the dish, since the recipe says it serves four. How, I wondered, could a bunch of pasta and a whole large eggplant serve only four? Well, on closer inspection, the "large" eggplant in the recipe should be about 300 grams! Mine is twice that, so I just doubled everything and will certainly have enough food!


 All sliced up and ready to be cut into wee dice.


Four medium carrots... well, I had five large ones, and such pretty colours, too! 


They got made into dice as well, insofar as one can make a carrot into dice. This is the last moment before they got all mixed together and cooked up.


All cooked up, pasta and broth added, garlic, lemon zest, oregano and cheeses. I'll have to put my oven on the timer when I go out to the appetizer course and cross my fingers that it all cooks perfectly without me. 


I also threw some olives in the bread. 


Now I have time for a cup of tea and a shower; I'll get Elaine to dry the dishes; the floor is as swept as it is going to get. All is well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.