Sunday, November 03, 2019

A quiet Sunday


I walked into town this afternoon to get some buttons for my (finished!) cardigan. It was grey and damp, but didn't actually start raining till I was starting my walk home.

The river was very busy, with rowers having to be careful passing each other.

The shops were busy as well, since it's less than two months till Christmas and people are out there doing late capitalism with a vengeance.

I was disappointed with the button selection at John Lewis, but I got some because I really do want buttons, I don't want to mail order buttons that I can't fiddle with first and I can always change them later if I really don't like them. I hope to sew them on soon. For some reason I made 12 buttonholes! That's a lot of buttons.

I am also without my usual pile of miscellaneous sewing stuff and have no black thread. I know, I know, I could go buy some...

I'm going to get some knitting in on my shawl before I tackle the button issue again!

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished cardigan, with buttons.
    I loved all the little doors. How did you find out about them in the first place. Are they "created" or are some original architecture?
    So far I'm loving your every day November blogs.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.