Friday, November 01, 2019

All the Dinky Doors

Well, it is November, and it is traditional for me to post every day in November.

I hope I can do it this year, but it will take some technological fiddling around, because we will be away for several days in a row, and I've never figured out how to blog from my phone.

I'll worry about that in a few days, though. Now, I will show you all the Dinky Doors! Quite exciting.

I showed you four already. There are eight all together.

This one I looked for for ages, because I was on the wrong piece of grass looking on the wrong base of the wrong bridge! I went past this a dozen times without seeing it.


It's called the Ride and Park, and is special because it's all metal and has a working elevator!




There's even a little nest with ... eggs?


This one is the Love From Above door.


You can see that Angela has left a gift for Mr D. Mon, who has sort of creepy reddish hands... (You can always click to embiggen the pictures.)


Now, funnily enough, I saw the Reality Checkpoint when I was here in May, but didn't look down. (Nor did I blog about it, but trust me, I saw it!) This lamppost is in Parker's Piece, and has been the Reality Checkpoint for many years.


Just last year, the Dinky Doors team added this. Feisty!


The Wonder Emporium is the last door! I walked past this many times, too, before looking down.


Interesting fact: the Dinky Doors team inspects and maintains its doors. This is how it was a few weeks ago, when I first found it.


A couple of days ago I saw this. Someone with a tool box right there at the Wonder Emporium!


Yesterday I checked it again. I think there is only one thing different, but you can play the matching game and see what you think. Of course, if I'd known this was gong to happen I would have taken a better "before" picture!


And here they all are!



That's it for day one on NaBloPoMo 2019. Tomorrow there may even be knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.