Saturday, November 02, 2019

Knitting at the beginning of November

I have knit a couple of things.

Plan A was to knit the big purple cardigan I brought with me from Toronto. Almost done, but not done fast enough! This was the state of things on the 2nd of October.

Of course, October was mystery knitalong month, so the cardigan got pushed aside. I kept up the pace for the first two weeks, until I needed festival knitting and train knitting! (Did I tell you about the Cambridge Film Festival? I volunteered there for a couple of days before we went to the Cotswolds.)

The pattern is called Starflake, so I figured on a 6-pointed star, and I was right!

first section done

This is the end of clue 2, and my needle is so short that things are all scrunched up. Until I finish it, I won't really know how big it will be!


This is part of the third week's clue, and where things will wait a bit now.


This has now fallen by the wayside, for several reasons, like travel! But the main reason is that now I want my big wool sweater to wear, so I have to finish it!


Almost done! I have no idea how I am going to wash it in my little flat, but maybe that will just have to wait till December when I am home! I hope to have this done by the 7th as we are off on the road again on the 8th. No problem!

I found some Rowan Handknit Cotton yarn in a charity shop, so made some nice soft washcloths while on the odd train or film festival desk.



Two things that will be Christmas presents also distracted me from the main program, and one never knows who is out there in internet-land, so I won't really show you those just yet!



I think that is all the knitting. Let's see if I can get the sweater done and the shawl done this month. That should be doable, right? I also have that Ally Pally yarn I bought, and I got myself some needles in a charity shop and plan that I will make a scarf as my travel/portable knitting. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.