Monday, November 25, 2019

The Round Church

As I continued my walk the other day, I ended up at the Round Church, one of the oldest buildings in Cambridge. It is free for residents, but I didn't have any way to prove that I was a resident. I waved my hands and told the woman at the desk roughly where I lived, and looked sheepish for not knowing my postal code.



On the floor were many bits of these tiles I love so much.


This square is for Mark,


and this one is for Matthew.


I don't know what the wooden decorations on the ends of pews are called! There must be a word. Finials? There were many, and all different.


The roof, wonderful! Old!


Held up by giant pillars!


I must remember to take pictures of "the whole thing" and not just details. For all this, you might have no idea what the Round Church looks like at all...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.