Sunday, November 24, 2013

I have a thumb gusset

The lower yarn on the right is the spare yarn holding the thumb stitches
My glove/mitten debate continues.

The hand seems a bit big at present, and if I were to make mittens, I would decrease a few stitches or maybe go down to 2.25 mm needles from the 2.5s.

If I'm making gloves, I have to start soon on the pinky finger, although the pattern says to start with the index finger and move outwards. My pinky is, I think, about 2 rows below my index finger. And also maybe change the needle size.

Mittens are warmer and simpler to knit; gloves look cooler and are more interesting to knit. Some people make short little finger tubes and then mitten-like covers that can flip on or off. I do kind of like that idea, I must say.

If I don't spend days pondering this question, I hope to have a finished thing by the end of the week, which will be the end of NaBloPoMo.

1 comment:

  1. they're turning out gorgeous!
    i vote fingerless gloves with flip mitten tops... but only because i'm not the one knitting them :)
    they're going to be fabulous whatever you chose!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.