Friday, November 06, 2020

A thing in the mail

Once upon a time, someone on Ravelry received a box in the mail, from a sender whose name she didn't recognize, Claudio Sanchez. It held a package of candy apples, but it was a pack of three, containing only two. It turned out that Claudio was the guy in mail room and the Raveler's boyfriend's aunt thought it would be nice to send these two apples to two people, and ... it was all fine, but a bit weird. 

So people on Ravelry who heard this story thought it would be fun to send each other boxes of random junk. They've been doing this Claudio Sanchez exchange for several years now, and I learned about it before we went to England just last year. I had no junk in England, so I couldn't really participate, but this year I filled a box with some yarn I wasn't going to use, some pencils, some fabric, a telephone handset that plugs into your cell phone, a single sock I had found at the side of the road that had Michelangelo's David on... whatever. I wish I had taken pictures before I sent it, but alas, one can't do everything. 

Today I received my box in turn! And boy, does it contain some random stuff!

These pictures are in a pretty random order, as well. Here goes. 

First up, some yarn! The alpaca blend will probably make me sneeze, but it will make a nice warm hat for someone, even though it is 70% acrylic. The cone is 6 or 7 different strands all together, will look nice. 


This is my fave! A little box with all the Christmas baby Jesus cast. They are very tiny. I will find some way to show them off at the appropriate time. 


Let's see: a festive garland of felt leaves, thank you stickers, a little book about an opossum, some things that I thought were paper straws but actually, somehow you can make a robot, and a mask with sushi fabric! And more...


The mask! 

Most things were in ziplock bags in the box, but these were sort of thrown in at the last minute, from the look of things. Craft sticks, a water bottle and a very important Fall Risk bracelet. I hope I don't need that! 


Well! Some rubber ducks, some sunglasses, many key chains, beads, a little pink pouch. 


Ahem, some chocolate! 


It was so well packed, I couldn't get it all back in the box! 


The box itself was tastefully decorated with sparkly rainbow tape, and the rest of the roll was included inside. 

I won't keep all of this stuff (some people keep the things they don't want and send them on the following year. I don't think I'll do that, because maybe once was enough for this), but it is always fun to get stuff in the mail, and now I have a rubber duck in a Flash suit, so it's all good! 

1 comment:

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.