Wednesday, November 18, 2020

What have I gotten myself into?

I did go and look at my collection of old jeans. I think I have enough to make a cover for our king-size bed! 

Along with the Gee's Bend quilts, I am thinking of Sean Scully paintings. So many seem knittable, and quiltable! 


I have lots of black and blue, and I have one pair of purple pants and some rosy denim that I could use for the colourful insert. 

This one looks simple, but the white squares would be a problem, and the excellence in this is the blurred and smudged lines, hard to do with my fabric and my skills. 

This is my floor just now. Time to do something, that's for sure! (I think I will ignore the butter-yellow pants. They are of a lighter and stretchier fabric and not quite right here.)
 

Here are the roses! I think it might have once been a curtain flounce or something. I imagine I got it at the Textile Museum sale, but who can say? The brownish thing is a cushion cover or maybe a piece that goes over the arm of an armchair? Also of dubious provenance. I often think of just putting handles on it and calling it a shopping bag. The denim is a cut-up pair of capris. 


Somehow I will cut the pants into bits and then rearrange all the bits in some artful way. That is the plan! 

Meanwhile, in the bathroom: 


And in the garden: 


There were bits of snow falling today, although it didn't stick and now the sun is shining. More than halfway through November!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.