Thursday, November 12, 2020

Back in the saddle

I went away for a couple of days and didn't pre-write posts to amuse you in my absence. Now I'd best just get back here and say something, to get the NaBloPoMo ball rolling again!

We went to a cottage on Georgian Bay. It was right on the water, and instead of the storms of November, we had gorgeous, warm, sunny weather! 

We didn't have anything special to see or do, but there are a few highlights. 

Practically next door to us was the Hibou conservation area. The parking lot was closed for the winter, but we were able to walk in. Rocks, trees and water. 


Evidence of woodpeckers. 


We took a drive to Big Bay, the stone skipping capital of Canada. I'm sorry for the crappy picture! Get the photographer's shadow out of the frame! 


Lots of big flat stones. I am not a stone-skipper, but I do like to sort through and find the nice ones. 


The nice ones at this beach are full of fossils! 


Another day we went to Owen Sound for lunch, mainly because we were running out of food! I think we brought back a few cloves of garlic and some crackers, but we'd packed pretty efficiently. 

We went to the Mudtown Station, a brewpub in the old train station. Because Owen Sound doesn't have many COVID-19 cases, one could eat inside, but the weather was lovely and the whole idea of being indoors with other people was not appealing. I wonder when we will get back to the old ways. 

On the last morning, I was up early enough to see the gathering of the geese. They all arrived on the water -- a hundred or more -- honked and quacked for a bit, and then took off, in groups of a dozen or so, until the last group all took off at once. 


As you can see, it was a bit overcast, and as we drove home, we did hit a bit of rain. We were in Wasaga Beach and as we passed a road to the beach we saw a rainbow. 


Just lovely! One thing we don't have in Toronto is wide open space. 

That is enough for now. Tomorrow I might show you the knitting progress I made. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.