Saturday, November 07, 2020

I went to the lake

A friend and I went for a walk to the lakeshore on Friday. Access to the lake is one of the big failings of Toronto civic policy over the years, I think. We went to a park, walked through a parking lot, climbed over a railing and scrambled down a pile of broken old sidewalks and concrete rubble to get to the lake. Lakeshore Boulevard zoomed by behind us. Not the way I'd like to be at a lakeshore. 

But, what the heck, it ended up being quite nice to sit and look at the water. 


My brother is the king of water pictures, but I always give it a shot. The sun is so low these winter days (although it was almost 20ÂșC) and it was shimmering on the water. 


Best entertainment by far: the ducks. These two mallards (tails in the air), and what I think is a wood duck, bobbed around for quite some time. Very delightful. 


We got quite a walk in, as we went west along the bike path for a while. Finally we got hungry for lunch and actually sat on a patio and ordered food. Living life on the edge, that's me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.