Monday, November 02, 2020

Since this is a knitting blog

Let's talk about knitting. 

I have "my" chair in the living room, and you can tell it's mine because of the piles of yarn strewn about it. Right now I have three projects on the go.

I'd love to have the second mitten done. 

I am not fast with the two colours, and we start with corrugated ribbing, where the knits are one colour and the purls are the other, so it takes me forever. And then I get fed up and move on to project number two. As you see, great progress has been made. 

Thing #2 is a cowl in sort of cheater's brioche. 


It makes exactly the same fabric as brioche, but you knit into the row below, to get a stitch and another thread over the top of that stitch, instead of slipping the stitch with a yarnover and knitting both together on the next row. 


This works well in the round, but I did the slipping and yarnovers on the Stripified shawl I just knit, which was flat, and both come out just fine. Fixing an error is a pain no matter which way you do it, though! 

I started making a Dissent cowl when RBG died, but didn't like it, and switched to this. (I am just now at the end of yarn I frogged from that project!) I just grabbed a needle I thought was the right size, but it should really be a bit smaller, I think. Anyways, a big, bright, warm cowl will appear one day.

I also have this wee scarf, that is really a make-it-up-as-you-go thing. 

Next time I work on it I might have a different idea, so who knows what it will turn out like!

What will be finished by the end of the month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.