Thursday, November 05, 2020

Day Five

It is crazy, isn't it? We all are worried about the same virus, we are all eagerly awaiting the results of the American election. Globalization of stressors. 

Kid #1 had a COVID-19 test today! For a few years we've been thinking about the wisdom teeth, and they are finally getting dealt with next week, so the surgeon just wants to be sure that the teeth are the only problem. Apparently it is not too awful to have that thing stuck up your nose. Results... sometime in the next few days, if all goes well. 

I am sitting here refreshing Twitter like mad, because I thought something was going to happen at noon today. It is 16 minutes past and I want to know those results from Nevada! Jeez. 

In other news, I've noticed for a while now that my Christmas cactus is going to bloom! It is in the bathroom, the best place for sunshine to come in the window, and somehow I rarely have my camera/phone with me in there. So I made a special trip. 

Three little buds. 


The colour is so bright and pink and amazing, my camera has a bit of trouble with it! I will be sure to track the progress of this through the month.  


The other neato thing I'll show you today is my avocado plant, which got very long and lanky, striving toward the window. I dangle a bauble off a chandelier in the window, which makes little spectra all over the place at the right time of day. You can see some on the big leaf. 


It even burnt a spot on the leaf before I moved things a wee bit. 


I'll go back to my Twittering. Something has to happen...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.