Thursday, November 22, 2018

A walk on Spadina

Today was so cold! But the sky was so blue!

I was at the Textile Museum this morning, and then went for lunch on Spadina Ave. I thought I'd show you some pictures.

A few years ago, someone decided to gussy things up (scroll down to Spadina Streetcar Line) with occasional odd poles in the centre of the street, where the streetcar tracks are. So we have wiry chickens on poles here.


There was some big excitement recently when the El Mocambo got its sign back. It was gone for refurbishment for years, it seems. Here's a story about the never-ending renovations of the club. The hoarding here was down for a day or two while they put the new sign up, but I'd say there was no indication anything was going to open soon.


Here's a sign I'd never paid attention to before. Billiard's. My father would have had a fun time with that, I tell you.


Finally, a tree.


This is what happens to street trees in this city. They get to a certain size, and then they get cut down. Are they diseased, or just too big for the space? Why leave a 3-foot-tall stump? I presume that sometime before next spring, a tiny, little tree will get planted in that space, where it'll live for a few years. Very strange.

I am somewhat proud to say that after a bowl of Vietnamese noodles and this stroll, I went to the gym where I did exercise-y things.

I even remembered to go to the library on my way home, so a great many things got accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.