Sunday, November 11, 2018

Remembrance Day and yesterday's cookies

Most of today I will spend at the Hot Docs cinema, volunteering at a special screening and reception. I think. I am not too sure what will be happening, but here is the blurb. The theatre is sold out, which doesn't happen every day.  We volunteers have to be there quite a bit in advance of the doors opening, so who knows what we will be doing!

The movie, about the last surviving prosecutor from the Nuremberg trials, looks fascinating, and I imagine the discussion will be, too.

(I like this blogging day to day... now I have something to tell you about tomorrow!)

You must be curious about yesterday's cookies. I was supposed to roll out the dough and cut it with cookie cutters. However, it was both sticky and crumbly. It stuck to the rolling pin, and sort of broke at the edges. I scrumpled it back together and chilled it in logs, then just sliced the logs. Easy peasy.


The cinnamon-ness was not overwhelming, but okay. I don't think I'll be rushing to make these again, but if I did, I'd use all butter and all white flour, and more cinnamon.

In knitting news, I have almost finished the fourth of five balls of yarn for the secret Christmas thing. Not very exciting, I know.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be interested to hear about the movie.
    Your cookies do look good enough to eat. : - )
    I like this November every day thing, too.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.