Thursday, November 15, 2018

Look at all the pretty sweaters

Sometime in the last month I was walking along Bloor Street past the Gucci shop and Louis Vuitton and other similarly swanky places, and somewhere along there, I took a not-very-good picture of this sweater in a window.


Simple shaping, all one colour, at least worsted weight yarn, and simple, all-over lace. Yum!

This morning I was at the desk in the Textile Museum and was looking through some booklets that had been donated for the sales. Lots of baby stuff, but then a few sweater booklets from somewhere around 1990, the best time for knitwear! So I amused myself by taking some pictures... Click to embiggen, as we used to say.

All one colour, no-frills shaping, texture....



This one is probably too bulky, and no turtlenecks, please.


Pretty perfect, maybe! All-over simple lace, cardigan.


I'd make this longer, but otherwise, dreamy!


Summer stuff now, but great ideas.


Without the shaped hem, perfect!



Very cool lace.


Oh, Shetland Ragg, my one-time favourite yarn! Now I am too snobby to use anything with that much synthetic in it, but it served me well in the olden days.




This one makes me want to run out, find some ragg yarn and commit to knitting acres of boring stocking stitch.


"Trust me, this is a fine sweater."



After my rummage through the donations, I went to Ravelry and tried to find a pattern (one would hope I'd have something in my library already!) for something to meet my immediate needs. I'll have another look and maybe tomorrow show you actual possibilities for my next big adventure in knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.