Saturday, November 10, 2018

More random muttering

  1. I wanted to walk 8 km today, but as it turned out, I walked 6.5. I should have zigzagged a bit more in those short blocks. 
  2. I am having some knitters over in a few hours to sit around and knit. We might have a fire! And we should have some cookies.
  3. I have leventy-million of those "holiday baking" magazines. Each one has a few good cookie recipes which have become household favourites, but every once in a while one has to try something new. I am trying cinnamon cut-out cookies today. 
  4. I didn't have enough butter, so used part margarine. I didn't have enough white flour so they are half whole wheat. I'm not making royal icing, because, duh, you don't need icing on cookies. (And, of course, it's too much trouble.)
  5. I just took the dough out of the fridge and the rolling was difficult. Margarine? Whole wheat flour? Not enough of something? Anyways, they are back in the fridge and we'll try again soon. 
  6. Meanwhile, we took some old sleeping bags out of the closet, in preparation for giving them to the charity shop. They are covered in dust! Do we vacuum them?!
  7. Yesterday I went to a friend's house and played Scrabble. This tree was on my route.
    Very pretty; too bad the sky was so grey!

  8. Today I didn't take pictures, as my phone ran out of power! I was walking along and had a good idea. Then I had another good idea, and was congratulating myself on my multiple good ideas, when I couldn't remember what the first one was. When I finally remembered both my good ideas, I got out my phone and recorded them in a note. This apparently exhausted the phone, and that was that. 
  9. I'm going back to the kitchen now to try again with the cookie dough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.