Tuesday, November 13, 2018

I took two pictures today

Today I went out to lunch with some friends, had a nice time and a good chat. One of them has recently taken up knitting, and had never been to the yarn shop to beat all yarn shops, Romni Wools.

Since we were nearby, we took a stroll in that direction.

We stopped in at Yarns Untangled on the way, where I was sorely tempted by some gold/yellow stuff, but nothing was perfect. Of course I didn't have my golden coat with me, so that made things more difficult. My friend, however, found the perfect thing... although she hadn't known she needed it before we walked into the store!

We made it to Romni, which, as some of you might know, is gigantic. We lost each other for a bit there, we pawed and sniffed and looked at all sorts of things.

I saw this, and carried it around the store for a good half hour. (The shop is huge, but the lighting is variable, and I wanted to check if this was greenish or goldish.)


Double-knitting weight, a bit tweedy, not too warm, enough in one ball for a hat... Perfect, if I really needed a gold hat. Perhaps, though, I don't. I thought of all the knitting piling up here and had a moment of mature restraint, and didn't buy it. Nor the Silk Garden, nor any soft and squishy Malabrigo.

Sigh.

I carried on to the ribbon store, because I need a bit of rainbow ribbon to hold this on. The season has come for a slightly warm thing to wear over one's shoulders, but it will fall off backwards. Unfortunately the ribbon store didn't have any rainbow ribbon, and I didn't have the piece with me to choose a good colour, so I left there empty-handed as well.

On my way home, I went up a lane and saw this garage door. Or wall. I see a hinge, but I doubt anything opens.


Tomorrow, perhaps, I'll go for a swim!

1 comment:

  1. I really liked the tweedy gold (with a slight green tinge) ball of wool. I could commission another hug. : - )

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.