Friday, November 09, 2018

One goofy hat

I believe I have mentioned here my plan to go walking along Hadrian's Wall next spring.

After a gazillion knitters went to Rhinebeck, I saw a picture of a dozen or more women lined up in a rainbow of sweaters, and I thought it would be fun for us walkers to make a rainbow, too, out of hats. Five of the seven of us are knitters already.


I chose the Pussyhat, since it requires no shaping and if those other two decided to learn to knit, it is perfectly doable as a first project. (It looks like they have found volunteer knitters, so no worries.)

You saw what happened to my first attempt, the fancy-pants brioche hat. This one was completely straightforward and should be perfect. We shall see if my co-walkers come up with the rest of the rainbow... in the next six months! I suppose there is time. (And who knows, I might still make a gold one. The leaves outside my front window are inspiring me to make another trip to the yarn shop!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.