Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Too dark for photos now

This afternoon a friend and I walked about six kilometers, stopping to buy some stamps to mail Christmas cards, to a sale put on by the Textile Museum volunteers. It was just a tiny one, one room, mostly yarn, and a lot of sweater quantities.

I didn't buy a single book, although all the classics of my early knitting days were there! A hardcover Celtic Collection, for example. No, I put it back.

I did buy about 1100 metres of heathered purple wool. I think if I use lots of lace -- holes -- in my fabric, I can get a sweater for me out of it. Short sleeves, maybe? Anyways, it is beautiful and so purple and woolly. And it cost $15 for the lot, so I am happy even if I end up making 8 hats out of it.

It's dark out now, and the lights inside would, I'm sure, do odd things to the colours, so I will take a picture tomorrow morning and show you my purple yarn, and a couple of other treats.

Three more days of NaBloPoMo to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.