Monday, November 05, 2018

Monday's muffins

Since it is the fall, and time for pumpkin stuff, I made pumpkin-orange muffins.

Not exactly like that, but close enough. Mine called for 3/4 cup of canned pumpkin, which is about half a can. What to do with the leftovers? Canadian Living seems to have just put the whole lot into a dozen muffins!

I just doubled my recipe and made it in a big flat pan. My recipe called for 1/4 cup of chopped raisins and 1/4 cup of walnuts, or perhaps you could substitute 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds. I put whole raisins and sunflower seeds -- wild, eh?

One is meant to top it all with pumpkin-pie spice, which I do actually own, and sugar. But I guess with all the excitement of making cake instead of muffins, I forgot that step!

They are very moist and delicious! I think chopping up raisins might actually be a good idea, because they can be a bit big. I'll try that another time. The sunflower seeds are a nice crunch addition.

Since I'm sure you know what a pan of pumpkin cake looks like, I will show you another beautiful tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.