Wednesday, November 28, 2018

It's very purple

This is the yarn I bought yesterday, 10 skeins of Alice Starmore Scottish Heather.


At first I thought 10 skeins was enough to do anything with, but it turns out they are only 56 grams each, not a hundred, and I am now not sure I can get a me-sized sweater with sleeves out of it.

Even if I throw in some wild fringe.


Squiggle, one of the crazier of the novelty yarns. I hadn't seen any for years, although I did make a scarf holding it with some silk yarn many years ago. I could do a wee bit of a fuzzy collar, couldn't I?


1 comment:

  1. Maybe with all that purple, you could make lighter coloured sleeves? Or make a striped sweater? How do you knit that fuzzy stuff? Looks a bit like tangled wire! : - )
    Only two more days... Sigh. I do like November. : - )

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.