Monday, November 26, 2018

More photos from walking about

I am continuing my half-marathon training, although I am not planning on doing another half-marathon. This involves doing kind of long walks on the weekends. I need more variety; I just walk around where I live. Yesterday I went west, and then a bit north, and then just went up a block or two, across a block or two, down a block or two, zigzagging along to fill up the kilometres. (Someone told me today about the Toronto Outdoor Club which I might just join, or at least follow the routes for some of their walks since I have no desire to go for a walk in the ravines in the evenings.)

One can liven things up by taking pictures. Of things like a building covered in pigeons. They were evenly spaced along the fence, and along the top of the building, as well.


If it's not quite the season for Christmas trees, it is certainly the season for ornamental cabbages, all over the place. I love how this one has a tinge of purple in the centre.


All my favourite colours!


We left our pumpkin outside in the yard, figuring it would become fertilizer in some small spot in the garden. These people, though, will one day have to shovel up decomposed pumpkin off their steps. It must have been quite an impressive display, almost a month ago!


I saw this water tower. The sky was grey, and although I could see the words on the tower, they didn't come up very well in my first photos. So I ... well, I touched something on my phone ... and it miraculously changed the exposure and took this ghostly picture. I'm not sure if it's an improvement, but it is certainly a sort of cool effect.


Next up, the plan is to go to the aquarium! We bought tickets last Christmas and for logistical reasons, two of us couldn't go. Since the tickets are good for a year, we'd best get cracking on that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.