Saturday, November 03, 2018

What I am (not) knitting now

I have piles of yarn surrounding my comfy chair in the living room. Tonight we are having people over, and they are not just the usual crowd who are used to yarn all over the place, so I have decided to put some stuff upstairs.

(Kiss of death; I'll never see this yarn again and projects will languish for years....)

I bought this single ball of yarn some time ago and meant to make a hat of it, to try it out. If I like it, I might buy $200 worth of it to make myself a Ceilidh. Will get right on that.... Isn't it a beautiful, tweedy, rich colour!


Why spend $200 when I have a bunch of yarn already? Like all these DK single balls. Surely I can just put them all in one garment? I actually think this will be kind of cool, but I got distracted. But I will get back to it just as soon as I can.


The Great Distraction:


Oh, I love and hate Stephen West's mystery knitalongs! I think this shawl will be quite nice when done. I like my murky, gloomy colours. But this is about half of the shawl! There is so much to do! The first two parts had interesting and challenging bits to them, but the last two are simply huge chunks of knitting.

Anyways, it was pointed out to me that Christmas is coming, so I have put this aside as well, to get on with a present I have to get in the mail in a few weeks. Which I am not showing you just now.

I'll be sure to do a similar post at the end of the month, and I hope that some of this will have been brought back to the comfy chair!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.